Chatting at work with Becca, something she said jogged my memory, and suddenly I was remembering half-forgotten people. These were internet-based memories about people I had never met, but had spoken to many times. A lot of names had gone from my mind, but they had all influenced my thinking while coming up with some kind of plot for my newest story. Becca probably thought I sounded very strange. Wouldn't blame her, as I think I am, too. Once home, I dived onto my laptop and searched for a few things. Lo and behold, someone said a name on TV, and then Sting sang a song called Soul Cake, both of which references are part of this tale!
A sign, perhaps. Well, I'm having a lot more artistic thoughts these days than I have been. Maybe I'm picking up on things - things I should have been more aware of. But then again, maybe I was aware of them, but it was a subconscious thing.
Agh! Stop analysing. Just write!
Gipsy Rose Warhol
You know, it takes a certain gift to have everyone quoting you years after you’ve said something. But I guess it takes an even greater gift to have the thing just about come true. Yep, I’m pretty sure, now, that everyone will become world-famous for fifteen minutes – and blogs just moved the spotlight that little bit closer.
So, here we go: lights, camera, action!! Umm, actually I’m not quite ready yet – gimme fifteen minutes…
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment