Well, it's been quite a while since I last posted. In truth, I had nothing to say that hadn't already been said - I was repeating myself ad nauseum about everything. It had to stop, otherwise... well, I dunno, maybe I'd have stopped blogging, probably forever.
During this time away, I've had to do a lot of thinking; rethinking, mostly. I've been very pleased with what I'd come up with. But not so pleased as to the direction the story took - Dave Pimm, one of my fabled readers, pointed out a huge shortcoming, so I had to take this seriously into account.
Difficult.
Unravelling can take a long time, and the thought process has been so tiring. You fall asleep thinking about stuff and you wake up thinking about the same stuff. For days and days, nothing seems to change. And it goes on and on. But all of the greats have had to endure rewrites, so why should I be any different?
It's been a long, hard road. It's my life - there really isn't much else to it these days. My choice, I guess. Sometimes, I've felt I wasn't up to it - that this story was too big for me. I've calmed down now, though. It's my story, so how could it be too big for me. That piece of silliness has disappeared. It's been replaced by realism: if I don't get to half-way by October, when I'm off for a week, then I'm probably ruining things. So I must get to half-way by October. Not long, then. And a lot needs to be done.
So, I'll shut up again and carry on to the midpoint. Agent-hunting may well be my next act of self-harm after that ;-)
Crashing out
Catch you soon x
Gipsy Rose Warhol
You know, it takes a certain gift to have everyone quoting you years after you’ve said something. But I guess it takes an even greater gift to have the thing just about come true. Yep, I’m pretty sure, now, that everyone will become world-famous for fifteen minutes – and blogs just moved the spotlight that little bit closer.
So, here we go: lights, camera, action!! Umm, actually I’m not quite ready yet – gimme fifteen minutes…
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment