The biggest children's short story resource resides at the-office.com website. One of my short stories has been there for a few years. Suddenly, the place has come alive and new stories have appeared, with subtle changes to the site manifesting themselves everywhere. Even the Alice In Wonderland story has at last been posted, with original artworks as well as new. My email address needs to change there, which I've requested, but the 'new' sign against the story title has gone, which is pleasing. I hope this signals a new dawn for the site. There are stories there which are far better than mine and I always felt a sense of helplessness that some marvellous writers were not being recognised despite their being accepted on such a highly-regarded award-winning site. I certainly missed the emails from readers, not least the Italian grandfather of a newly-born grandson and the artist who wanted to illustrate for me. The site did a great job on the pics they supplied themselves, though, just we couldn't do any more once the site seemed to go quiet. I, certainly, could have done a better bit of writing, but was glad it was accepted anyway.
Marvellously interesting, and I've got lots of new reading to look forward to on the site.
Time to sleep - work tomorrow and writing during the week...
Gipsy Rose Warhol
You know, it takes a certain gift to have everyone quoting you years after you’ve said something. But I guess it takes an even greater gift to have the thing just about come true. Yep, I’m pretty sure, now, that everyone will become world-famous for fifteen minutes – and blogs just moved the spotlight that little bit closer.
So, here we go: lights, camera, action!! Umm, actually I’m not quite ready yet – gimme fifteen minutes…
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment