Actually, it's the last one I'm going to do for now!
I've no idea how many flashbacks I will need, but this one, the most important one, has been done. It's not complete: it has its own sequel, which I've yet to write out in full. But I need to parcel up everything I've written out so far and take stock of where I've gone. Plus I'm tired. I need to sleep.
This particular flashback is a vital one, and is so full of movement and emotion, that I've given myself lockjaw with the nervous tension it took for me to write it. I can improve it, but I possibly need a bit more information than my thoughts allow. Is there enough emotion dwelling inside the words? Does the whole scene excite/incite emotion? Well, I'll send it off to Solvey, Noel, Rich and Rebecca and see how they feel about it. It's only three and a half pages long. It's a flashback, not a true chapter or passage of narrative within the actual story, so it is deliberately short. Not sure it can be a prologue - I think it needs to be attached to a similar event within the narrative.
Now I must return to the beginning and then look down the line. I need to see where I'm going.
Good...
Gipsy Rose Warhol
You know, it takes a certain gift to have everyone quoting you years after you’ve said something. But I guess it takes an even greater gift to have the thing just about come true. Yep, I’m pretty sure, now, that everyone will become world-famous for fifteen minutes – and blogs just moved the spotlight that little bit closer.
So, here we go: lights, camera, action!! Umm, actually I’m not quite ready yet – gimme fifteen minutes…
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment