Gipsy Rose Warhol

You know, it takes a certain gift to have everyone quoting you years after you’ve said something. But I guess it takes an even greater gift to have the thing just about come true. Yep, I’m pretty sure, now, that everyone will become world-famous for fifteen minutes – and blogs just moved the spotlight that little bit closer. So, here we go: lights, camera, action!! Umm, actually I’m not quite ready yet – gimme fifteen minutes…

Saturday, 27 June 2009

School's out!

Browsing blogs as I do now and again, and finding less than ever that I felt I could comment on with any authority, I came across a post on Peter Cox's blog (Maria Harris's agent) concerning the lack of interest-worthy school subjects. A friend of mine has just had a baby girl (congrats Kay!) and I remembered a conversation I'd had with someone else. I just happen to feel that most people leave school totally unprepared for life. Typical of me that my attempts at leaving a comment were unsuccessful. Obviously, school has left me unprepared for internet life, too lol

However, I also spied a podcast on Pc's blog about writers' clothing style. Now here is a subject of which I've had lots of experience: shopping unsuccessfully for clothes. Depending on which shop I go to, any kind of trouserware has me veering from 30" to 36" waist and short to regular leg - nope, never extended to long - and large to xxl shirts (especially in FCUK) where I always used to be 'M'. I always thought M stood for 'medium'. It seems M must now stand for 'massive'!!! Underwear, too ;-)

Now I've just bought a leather jacket, for which I really need the arms of an ape. Major surgery seems to be the only answer - on the jacket, I mean!

Writing life...

No comments: