Yep, I watched The Wizard Of Oz on Sunday, and before it Easter Parade. Two of my favourite films and in my top five list on Facebook, too.
I fully intended to complete my rewrite of Chapter 2, but this wonderful boost of light relief was very much needed: the darkness of my new work can have the effect of colouring my thoughts. It was great!
Another reason for not writing too much is the previously-referred-to Dickensian addition to the tale. Having now accepted that this must happen, a rather crazy conversation between two people in the story sprang up inside my head, which, if I manage to pull it off, should be illuminating as to the thoughts and attitudes of people towards the hero. A bit of show, and no tell!
Soon, Solvey, Rich and Noel the Ultimate Proofreader will get their copies of the new opening poem, prologue and first three chapters. Not because I'll be sending them off soon (they won't be sent, as I now understand I can't do that until the book is almost finished), but because I'm going to need their opinions. And these three opinions will count hugely towards my new thinking of the future of the story.
So, on with the show!!! Monday is gonna be a big day... a big writing day.
Gipsy Rose Warhol
You know, it takes a certain gift to have everyone quoting you years after you’ve said something. But I guess it takes an even greater gift to have the thing just about come true. Yep, I’m pretty sure, now, that everyone will become world-famous for fifteen minutes – and blogs just moved the spotlight that little bit closer.
So, here we go: lights, camera, action!! Umm, actually I’m not quite ready yet – gimme fifteen minutes…
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment