Gipsy Rose Warhol

You know, it takes a certain gift to have everyone quoting you years after you’ve said something. But I guess it takes an even greater gift to have the thing just about come true. Yep, I’m pretty sure, now, that everyone will become world-famous for fifteen minutes – and blogs just moved the spotlight that little bit closer. So, here we go: lights, camera, action!! Umm, actually I’m not quite ready yet – gimme fifteen minutes…

Friday, 12 December 2008

What if...

Maria's wrestling with the 'what if' question has rung a few bells. I'm at that point right now, sorting out my second chapter whilst simultaneously exploring some different endings to the story itself. Sounds like a recipe for disaster, as I'm looking at both ends of the book at the same time. I can't help it - it just seems to be happening and I can't control it. Maybe there's something in the back of my mind that's telling me the one affects the other. I've got a great ending, but a slightly different one has entered my head. 'What if' a third one wanders along to threaten my sanity even further? I dunno. I'll suss it out soon, I guess. Maybe I don't need to and it's just a diversion, a distraction. I could, of course, be secretly wishing it was all done. Yep, I know the strain. Been through it all before and the brick wall I hit then could be right there at the end of this particular road, too. Always crashing in the same car, sung Bowie, and I'm trying my best not to. Ha! The fear factor... Maybe I could turn it into some kind of X-Factor and have you vote my next move!!!! All five of you lol
The replacing of the song-quote at the beginning has changed the central focus a touch. I'm happy with that, and maybe it's the domino effect, a bit of background re-programming, I'm experiencing. That was a good 'what if' that worked wonderfully, I gotta say! Solvey hasn't read that part yet, and neither has Noel the Ultimate Proofreader, so their reactions aren't known. They will be, though!
Presha...

2 comments:

solv said...

I am genuinely looking forward to finding an email in my inbox.

And I've almost finished act I - have the last half of the final chapter to write.
There are some things that I think are very difficult to gauge, and that's where feedback comes in useful. I'm a tad concerned about all the exposition I've wedged into chapter four; I keep wondering what would happen if I scrapped it; I try to imagine where the snowball would come to a standstill. Or maybe it's all fine. How to tell?

I like to undertand as much as can about the art of writing so that, on those days where the inspiration isn't there, I can fall back on logic and prepared notes and churn the stuff out. But there's nothing to compare with that spark of magic ..!

Glad it's coming together buddy.

esruel said...

I'm hoping my exposition is like tiny little dots of shows, which, when all joined up, become the whole that can be recognised and understood.
The poem at the beginning changed things, so I needed time to adjust to the slight shift in focus. You will find something in your email inbox in the not-too-distant future, just you know me: I rarely release anything until I know I can't do any more myself. Shouldn't be too long!
The only question you might pose, solvey, about your chapter four is 'How interesting will this be to the reader?'
That question alone should tell you whether it is good enough to keep.
Looking forward to reading it!!!!